An open letter from the COO to my next Vice President Business Development
Our celebrity marketing agency is going through extraordinary change. We’re expanding globally and we’re restructuring our agency. This is where your business development and leadership expertise comes into play.
In order to build upon our bold international expansion and growth strategies, we are seeking an extraordinary business development executive.
FAST FORWARD YOUR CAREER 3 YEARS…
- You’ve matched celebrities with large CPG brands yielding millions in fees domestically.
- Along the way, you’ve strengthened relationships while spending time with clients and famous celebrities in exotic shoot locations.
- Secured clients internationally with the business development team you’ve built.
- Used Burns’ unique client service approach and its proprietary Burns Celebrity Vault to identify celebrities who help exceed sales, share and profit objectives.
- Lastly, you’ve learned how much more you enjoy your career when you add passion for entertainment, music, sports or celebrities.
If you’d like this future to be yours, we’d like to have an initial conversation.
Employee Benefits at Burns:
- Health insurance
- Flexible healthcare spending account
- Dental insurance
- Workers compensation insurance
- Short & long term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Matching safe harbor contribution
- Profit Sharing
- Flex work hours year round
- Summer hours/additional summer vacation days
- Floating holidays plus additional vacation last week of the year
What You Need:
The successful candidate is a hunter and must have a proven track record selling to CMO’s, VP’s, Director’s & Brand Managers. Previous experience selling a service including cold-calling, meeting appointment setting, prospecting and lead generation required.
- B.S or B.A. degree required; MBA a plus
- 7 years or more applicable work experience
- Strategic approach and selling style based upon prospects needs
- Must have demonstrated strong communication skills and presentation abilities
- Professional demeanor
- Must be a quick thinker and have the ability to intelligently counter objections and propose reality based solutions
- Demonstrated outstanding organizational skills and must be able to multi-task manage multiple prospects and clients
- A passion for entertainment and/or sports
- Current & established relationships with CMO’s, Sr. VP/VP’s of Marketing and Brand Managers
- Experience with some or all of the following industries : advertising, public relations, event marketing, music, music licensing, sports marketing & sponsorship
- A relationship builder who excels and wants to create relationships with Top 100 Advertisers at large, multi-brand companies
Burns matches celebrities with brands…
Burns works with the most famous celebrities in the world.
We are a celebrity marketing agency expert in the worlds of celebrity and pop culture – who’s hot, who’s not, and how to use celebrity across the entire marketing mix.
Brands and agencies hire Burns to help deliver their most important messages from brand positioning to product launches to global campaigns, to drive affinity, sales, share, profit and brand fame.
Burns provides counsel and insight on how to best utilize entertainment and sports celebrities, music and properties to benefit your brand. While agents, managers, publishers and record labels represent celebrities, Burns represents the buyer.
Our point of difference is the Burns Celebrity Vault—a proprietary, one-of-a-kind celebrity database developed over 40 years. The Burns Celebrity Vault contains confidential fee and celebrity lifestyle information and much more. The Burns Celebrity Vault gives our client an edge choosing from multiple celebrities who can help meet and exceed business objectives.
Companies such as Unilever, Dr. Pepper Snapple Group, Walmart, Novartis, Discover Card, Ford, AOL, and AFLAC have made Burns their celebrity agency of choice. The world’s largest ad agencies & public relations firms have been Burns clients for over 40 years.