Agency & Partnerships Business Development Executive
We are seeking a highly motivated, strategic, consultative sales executive with experience selling to advertising agencies and public relations firms, who can identify sales opportunities within the agency world.
Base salary & commission structure
Territory: Chicago plus key selected markets
This job might be for you if:
- You are familiar with the AD and PR landscape and the selling of services.
- You can analyze appropriate industry drivers, identify decision makers, obtain meetings, build agency relationships and cultivate referrals.
- You are an established business development performer with a proven track record within the AD and PR world.
- You make effective presentations to groups, decision makers, and potential clients.
- You generate enthusiasm around the work place and when engaging potential business partners.
- You have a passion for the entertainment and/or sports world.
- You understand marketplace competition and key differentiators.
- You can navigate the AD/PR world and understand how firms and agencies are managed/ interrelated.
- You are aware of industry trends and proactive to expand personal market knowledge of industry opportunities among all platforms & emerging products.
- You consistently maintain client satisfaction and accountability through consultative selling.
- You engage in all stages of the sales cycle:
- Prospecting decision-makers
- Setting meetings
- Expanding sales footprint with current clients
- Preparing and delivering sales presentations
- Developing positive, ongoing client rapport
- You are comfortable meeting monthly and quarterly sales goals, while maintaining price and product integrity.
- You understand the current/evolving digital marketplace, products, platforms and strategies.
- You understand how to sell content to clients.
- You effectively drive innovative advertising/digital solutions as they relate to our services.
What You Need:
- B.S or B.A. degree required; MBA a plus
- 3 or more years applicable work experience
- Strategic/consultative approach and selling style
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Professional, tenacious and outgoing demeanor
- Quick thinking with ability to intelligently counter objections and propose reality-based solutions
- Outstanding organizational skills: can multi-task and manage multiple projects and deals
- Experience with advertising agencies and/or public relations firms (either biz dev role or on behalf of a brand)
Employee Benefits at Burns:
- Health insurance
- Flexible healthcare spending account
- Dental insurance
- Workers compensation insurance
- Short & long term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Matching safe harbor contribution
- Profit Sharing
- Flex work hours year round
- Summer hours/additional summer vacation days
- Floating holidays plus additional vacation last week of the year